Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We are currently hiring Warehouse Associates. Position details are below. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page if you are interested in a career with Modular Framing Systems, Inc.
Warehouse Associate for Modular Framing Systems, Inc.
Warehouse associates are responsible for picking, packaging, and preparing metal hardware and components for shipment by parcel and motor freight service. Common equipment used to carry out the duties for this position include forklift, circular saw, panel saw, pneumatic nailer/stapler and steel banding tools. Experience is not required, but familiarity with this equipment is very helpful.
Critical Success Factors:
- Attention to detail. We work with significantly different shaped parts that have very similar part numbers. Attention to detail is critical in picking the right parts for each order.
- Ability to read and use tape measures and other measuring devices.
- Ability to quickly execute basic math functions including fraction/decimal conversions
- Creative 3D thinking skills. Custom shipping crates and pallets are a part of daily work.
- Show up on time and be ready to work.
- Pull the correct material for each order and package it in a timely manner.
- Act responsibly and safely when using equipment or when performing duties around the shop.
- Be prepared to handle a wide range of tasks.
- Accept personal responsibility.
- Be accountable for results.
Highschool Diploma or GED. Education in shop class or craftworking is helpful.
None required, but familiarity with the above listed tools and equipment is preferred.
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to read and use measuring devices and execute basic math calculations
- Creative 3-dimensional thinking
- Organizational skills
Candidate Traits for Success:
- Positive attitude
- Likes to work with tools and build things
- Enjoys working individually and/or with team members
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Attentive and adaptive
- Respectful, responsible, and accountable
Scope of position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for pulling orders based on packing slips to accurately place orders onto pallets/crates for loading onto delivery trucks
- Manually lift and move product to restock and repack ensuring accuracy for order processing
- Adhere to good workplace practices and safety standards
- Responsible for meeting productivity requirements
- Carry long metal material which often requires working in pairs.
- As employee progresses, he/she will need to operate forklift, circular saw, panel saw, pneumatic nailer/stapler and steel banding tools on a daily basis to cut, organize, assemble, and package/crate orders for shipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass drug and background screening
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 60lbs; Repetitively lift, carry, and position product (weighing up to 70 lbs.) above shoulder height without assistance
- Consistent kneeling, squatting and reaching above the head
- Ability to push and pull manual and powered equipment (i.e., pallet jack, hand-truck etc.) containing product loads for a minimum of 50 yards without assistance
- Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to read information in small, medium, and large print
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
Who we are:
Modular Framing Systems, Inc. has served as the sole distributor for its uniquely designed framing systems throughout North America for over 20 years. Our product line started as a few systems of die cast corners and corresponding aluminum extrusions. It has now grown into a complete product offering of components and accessories for the manufacture of air handling units, fan coil units, computer room units, acoustical enclosures, soft wall clean spaces, equipment housings, and much more.
Full time employee benefits include:
· Competitive pay commensurate with experience
· Medical Insurance
· 10 days paid vacation